- ~ String or yarn
- ~ Dyed ziti or penne pasta
- Give each child a length of string and an assortment of colorful pasta.
- Have her string the pasta onto the yarn.
- When they are done, encourage the children to trade necklaces with a friend -or make another one to give to a friend.
To dye pasta: (This step is done by an adult)
- Spread a single layer of pasta in the bottom of a shallow dish or pie pan. You'll need about 10-12 pieces of pasta for each necklace.
- Completely cover the pasta with rubbing alcohol.
- Add several drops of food coloring.
- Stir gently to evenly distribute the color.
- Let soak for 1-2 hours.
- Remove pasta pieces from the dye mixture and lay them on paper towels to dry.