- ~ Toilet paper tubes
- ~ Waxed paper
- ~ Rubber bands
- ~ Dried beans
- ~ Brightly colored streamers
- ~ Glue
- Use a rubber band to attach a piece of waxed paper onto one end of the tube, over the opening.
- Let the children choose various colors of streamers to glue onto the tube, allowing a tail of streamer to flow from the end of the tube.
- Put several dried beans inside the tube and then attach another piece of waxed paper over the remaining open end.
- Encourage the children to parade around while shaking the maracas they made, and singing the Cinco de Mayo Day song!
Credit: Special Day Celebrations by Elizabeth McKinnon