- ~ Newspaper
- ~ Paint
- ~ Paintbrushes
- ~ Stapler (adult use)
- ~ Hole punch
- ~ String or fishing line
- Draw a basic fish shape on a piece of newspaper, with the tail end on the fold. Cut out one of these for each child.
- Let the children paint the fish shapes with bright colors to look like tropical fish from an aquarium.
- After the paint is dry, staple around the edges of the fish, leaving just enough of an opening to stuff the fish.
- Have the children tear newspaper strips, crumple them, and stuff them inside their fish. Then staple it closed.
- Additional strips of painted newspaper or pieces of tissue can be glued or stapled onto the fish to make them fancier.
- Punch a hole at the top of the fish and tie on a piece of string or fishing line.
- Hang these colorful creatures from your ceiling to create a stunning indoor aquarium effect.