Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla
1 quesadilla provides 1 oz grain, 2 oz meat/ meat alternate and 1/4 cup vegetable fora 3-5 year old at lunch/supper.
9 ounces cooked, finely chopped boneless, skinless, chicken breast
1 tsp oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup finely chopped broccoli
3/4 cup refried beans
6 (8 inch) whole grain tortilla(s)
3 Tbsp. taco sauce
3/4 cup mozarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, or coat with cooking spray.
2. In a saucepan, heat oil and saute onions, mushrooms and broccoli until tender.
3. Add refried beans and heat through.
4. Place tortillas on baking sheet. Spread each with 1/2 cup of the bean vegetable mixture and top with 1 teaspoon taco sauce, 1 1/2 ounces chicken and 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold tortilla in half.
5. Bake in oven until cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes.
Twist and Sprout Cookbook