Little Boy Blue Muffins
2. Combine the oats and milk. Microwave about 3 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. In another small bowl, beat the egg, then mix in the brown sugar and canola oil.
5. Add both the oatmeal and the egg mixture to the flour. Mix just until moistened but still slightly lumpy. Gently fold in the blueberries and blackberries.
6. Spoon the batter into muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Bake until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15-18 minutes.
7. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.